Thursday, September 14, 2006

Second set of eyes

There's nothing like a second set of eyes on your work.

Even if you think you're all done, a second set of eyes can bring another dimension that will enrich your stories and poems and bring out even better work. For instance, a story of mine that I'm currently sending out has gotten nothing but kudos from everyone who read it -- everyone but one person, who was a little confused by the beginning.

I tackled it again, and now the story reads a TON better.

I'm glad to have had the criticism -- because the story is better now.

REAL writers WANT criticism. REAL writers want to know how the work can be improved.

1 comment:

special k said...

I've found you. how wonderful!
and yes, we writers NEED to know when it NEEDS to be better. you are an inspiration. I miss you so.